UAS Job Fund
UAS Central Job Fund
Our UAS Central Job Fund is funded through a $5 Million grant from New York State. The grant fund will offer assistance to companies to increase their presence and investments in New York by offering incentives directly related to job creation. Grants are specifically targeted at new job creation in for-profit companies.
The UAS Job Fund Review Committee (JFRC) sees fit in order to achieve the goal of job creation. The grant will reimburse up to $55,000 per job (more for Halo Companies) in order to increase the number of employees in the UAS, autonomous vehicle and aerospace sectors in Central New York and the Mohawk Valley. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and reviewed and approved by the JFRC when a simple majority of the review committee members vote to approve the application.
Eligible Jobs cannot be filled prior to the date of UAS Job Fund Review Committee approval of the grant.
For more information contact:
Applicant Eligibility Criteria
For-profit businesses must locate jobs in Central New York State Region (CNY) or the Mohawk Valley Region of New York State and:
- Must be committing to hiring between 5 and 55 new employees
- Must be hiring full time positions
- Must be hiring positions related to UAS, autonomous vehicles or aerospace industry
- Business is viable and in existence for at least one year by the date of application for the UAS Job Closing Fund
- Must have at least two existing customers
- Not-for-profit organizations, including, but not limited to, economic development corporations, trade or industry associations, Chambers and other non-profit organizations that promote economic development or international trade are NOT eligible to apply.
Grant funds may be used to support job development, including use for salary, equipment, training, rent or purchase of space or other legitimate business expenses (except as noted below) which are required to support additional staff. The purpose is to increase New York State’s competitiveness in the UAS, autonomous vehicle or aerospace sectors while creating jobs in New York. Costs cannot be incurred prior to approval of the grant. No costs will be reimbursed for jobs filled prior to grant approval.
Central New York and the Mohawk Valley lead the Unmanned Aerial Industry in New York State by linking start up, business, higher educational, and government investments to grow an entire ecosystem.
Come Fly With Us
We are ready to help you grow your Unmanned Systems business.
115 W. Fayette S. Syracuse, NY 13202